Student Volunteers contribute to the efficient operation of ISSTA/ECOOP 2024 and get an opportunity to interact closely with researchers, academics, and practitioners from various disciplines and meet other students from around the world. Job assignments for student volunteers include assisting with technical sessions, workshops, tutorials and panels, checking badges at doors, operating the information desk, helping with traffic flow, and general assistance to keep the conferences running smoothly.
A Student Volunteer should be:
- an undergraduate, Master’s, or Ph.D. full- or part-time students, of computer science or related fields
- available for at least four (4) full days between 16 - 20 September 2024 (inclusive) for about 15 hours of volunteering work in that time
- enthusiastic and highly motivated, with strong interpersonal skills,
- fluent in English, which is the language of the conference,
- reliable, punctual, and organized
- A complimentary conference registration, offering access to all open sessions (i.e., parallel paper presentations, demonstrations, and workshops) and conference proceedings.
- Free lunches and refreshments during breaks.
- Student volunteer garments.
Please note that ISSTA/ECOOP 2024 student volunteers are responsible for their own travel arrangements and accommodation in Vienna. A limited number of travel grants may be available (subject to the availability of funds).
The skills, talents, and dedication of the student volunteers contribute to the overall quality of the conference. The Student Volunteer role involves a range of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Providing assistance to the conference management and secretariat staff.
- Helping and directing other conference participants.
- Contributing to the overall smooth running of the conference functions and social events. This includes assisting during presentations and poster sessions as well as operating the information and registration desks.
Please check back in spring 2024.